Wednesday 31 March 2010

A poem a day

Hello.

This is a site I have set up for a mini project - World Cup Poems. I am going to write a poem about football every day during the World Cup. No-one has asked me to do this, I just thought it would be interesting and further my chances of being a guest on TalkSport. Or maybe even Danny Baker.

About me.
I have had poetry published in The Guardian, The Big Issue, The Spectator and The Rialto. My first book, Radio Head was broadcast as Radio 4's Book of the Week. My new book The Newsagent's Window, both published by Simon&Schuster earlier this year. I have also released a poetry pamphlet called What if men burst in wearing balaclavas. I am a member of poetry collective Aisle16, and regularly perform at festivals such as Latitude, Glastonbury and the Edinburgh Fringe.

Praise for What if men burst in wearing balaclavas

"Yes, I like these poems. There is a warmth, as you'd expect with a balaclava in the title." John Hegley.

"John writes with the intelligence and wit of your favourite teacher but with the soul of a five-year-old boy. His poems capture the 'un-finger-put-on-able' moments." Laura Dockrill.

You can buy a copy for £5 here

1 comment:

  1. Can you write one about Tim please?
    Either Tim will do.
    x

    ReplyDelete