Saturday 19 June 2010

What if men burst in wearing balaclavas



I'm writing a poem a day about football during the World Cup. The idea is that England are going to win the World Cup and these poems will be of huge cultural significance. In reality we'll probably not even make it to the Quarter Finals and I'll just get bored by the second week, but at the moment I'm doing one a day.

I am a writer and performer. This year I'm performing poetry at Glastonbury, Latitude and the Edinburgh fringe. You can buy my poetry book for £5 here.
Praise for What if men burst in wearing balaclavas? published by Nasty Little Press:

"Yes, I like these poems. There is a warmth, as you'd expect with a balaclava in the title."
John Hegley.

"John writes with the intelligence and wit of your favourite teacher but with the soul of a five-year-old boy. His poems capture the 'un-finger-put-on-able' moments."
Laura Dockrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment